Pears Poached in Cherry Port
These are especially nice served with vintage cheddar cheese on crackers.
Recipe developed by Moreish Kitchen
- 3 pears
- 300ml Suncrest Orchard Cherry Port
- Optional: whole spices i.e. star anise, cinnamon, allspice
- Peel pears, cut and remove pips, quarter, and then place in a small frypan and cover with cherry port (approx. 300ml).
- Add some whole spices if you like i.e. star anise, a cinnamon quill, or allspice.
- Cover with baking paper and gently simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Leave to cool down in the liquid. When cool, you can slice the poached peach quarters ready to be added on top of your cheese and crackers, alternatively, you could serve as a dessert.
- Store in a container with the liquid in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.